Whether you're a beginner triathlete looking to get a jump in knowledge on training techniques or an experience triathlete wanting to learn what it takes to get to the next level, this camp is for everyone.
During this multi-day camp, Team MPI offers its expertise on every facet of triathlon training including video sessions both on the bike and run, sports psychology and goal setting and race strategy and tactics. This camp offers amazing instruction in a unique and picturesque environment in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
If you have ANY questions about the camp, please contact Heather Gollnick:
Steamboat Springs CO
* More Team MPI Coaches will be added depending on registration numbers.
FRIDAY May 26
|6:00-8:00pm||Meet & Greet / Camp Briefing / Meet the Coaches, get your swag and Socialize|
SATURDAY May 27
|6:00-7:30am||Breakfast at Hotel or on your own|
|7:45||Depart for the Track|
|8:00||Run Technique Clinic (Run Drills, Cadence Work, Video Taping, Run Workout - track or trail)|
|10:00||Travel to Open Water (Private Lake - Bald Eagle)|
|10:15||Open Water Swim Clinic / Skills Session / Video Taping|
|12:15-1:15pm||Lunch & Re-Group|
Meet for Group Rides - Depart Hotel Lot
A) 20 - 30 miles (split into 3 groups based on pace & distance)
B) 30 - 40 miles (split into 3 groups based on pace & distance)
|6:00-7:30||Dinner Reservation made for Group (expense on your own)|
|7:30-8:30||Race Strategy Session (Hotel Conference Room) (The Mental Side of Sport / Goal Setting - TriathletEQ - Heather)!|
SUNDAY MAY 28
|6:30-7:30am||Breakfast Hotel or on your own|
|8:00||Depart for Stagecoach Lake|
|8:30||Course Briefing / Riding Tips|
Morning Session BRICK:
- Ride the TRI THE BOAT Race Course 26 or 56 Miles (USAT Long Course Regional Championship Course / Limited Traffic / Incredible Views.
- Run 2 - 3 miles off Bike!
|12:00-1:30||Lunch on your own|
Afternoon Session Open Water Swim / Course Setup
- Swim Tips: Group practice Starts / Spotting & Close Contact Swimming
- Enjoy the incredible scenery that surrounds you as you swim in this Private Water Ski Lake. You have the opportunity to swim with the coaches and receive critique from coaches on paddle boards
|6:00-9:00||BBQ Dinner / Q & A with all the Coaches / Bon Fire & Smores|
MONDAY May 29 (Memorial Day)
|9:30-10:30am||Group Long Run - TRI THE BOAT Race Course / beautiful gravel path that surrounds Stagecoach Reservoir. Various distance options|
|11:00||Camp Wrap-Up, Evaluations, Say goodbye to all your new friends :)|
|12:00pm||Lunch - anyone who can stay / or travel home later! !|
* All Runs, Bikes and Swims will be fully supported including Nutrition, SUPs and SAG support
** Athletes are responsible for their own lodging and meals not listed above
Now - February 14: $400.00 EARLY REGISTRATION RATE!
February 15 - April 25: $475.00 REGISTRATION
April 26 - May 26 $550.00 LATE REGISTRATION
* All participants MUST be a USAT member. Membership is $15 for event or $50 for year
Click on imAhlete logo for registration page:
We would recommend either the Holiday Inn (970-879-2250) or the Steamboat Hotel (866-538-1349). Rates are reasonable but book early as it's a holiday weekend and we are not able to hold rooms.